Inspiration came as I was prepping a simple lunch for BB. Instead of the Open Faced Sandwich with Avocado & Cheddar Cheese Scrambled Egg which I intended to replicate again, I decided at the eleventh hour to change the method to pan-frying the egg since I was kinda craving for it. The image of an egg-roll immediately appeared in my mind so that's how the end product came about ;)
Ingredients (serve 1 toddler & 1 adult):
4 kampong eggs
1 avocado, slightly mashed
1 tbsp of grated organic cheddar cheese (can double the amount if you prefer it to be more cheesy)
1 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
1/8 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper
1. Mix 1/2 tbsp of cheese into eggs & beat well. Combine the remaining cheese with the mashed avocado.
2. Heat pan till hot then pour in the EVCO & turn to medium heat to prevent it from smoking. Once the oil starts to 'ripple' very slightly, pour in the egg mixture.
3. Once the egg is almost fully cooked, spread the avocado mixture & sprinkle the pepper over it.
4. Off the fire & let it cool down slightly before using a spatula to carefully loosen the egg from the pan.
5. With the help of the spatula & a pair of chopsticks, carefully roll it up from one side to the other.
6. Transfer to a chopping board (for cooked food / fruits) & cut into 3cm pieces.
I'm quite thrilled with the outcome of my first attempt at an egg roll. As my boy was snacking on some cheese when I was busy grating it, I used cheese sparingly to ensure he doesn't consume too much sodium within the day. I'll definitely add more the next time to up the cheesy factor! BB did like it too but he 'complained' that it was spicy & was thus more interested in another of his fave, tomatoes, instead. My other 'boy', on the hand, told me that it looks super yummy & asked me to cook it for him soon..hee >.~
In addition, I can't help but mention that I'm getting better at cooking with my WMF stainless steel pan. Practice really makes perfect! At least I don' have to worry about toxic materials being emitted at high temperatures or due to scratches in non-stick pans. So, Mummies or Daddies who feel that you can't cook well, persevere & one day I'm sure you can do it too..keep fighting!!!