100g black sesame
7 egg yolks
100g plain flour
40g cooking oil
5g sesame oil
1 tsp baking powder
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (will personally prefer to replace with 1 tsp of lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Pour sesame into mixing bowl & grind 1min / Speed 10 (accidentally poured in the sesame oil too so blended both together..luckily it turned out alright..hee).
2. Add in remaining ingredients in List A then blend at 30s / Speed 6. Transfer to big bowl.
3. Wash mixing bowl & dry thoroughly or use another mixing bowl if u've. Then, add in butterfly b4 putting List B's ingredients in to whip for 4mins / 37°C / Speed 4.
(Note: added another 1min / Speed 4 to get a better whipped texture. Can try increasing 0.5 - 1min till u achieve stiff peaks if u prefer an even fluffier chiffon)
4. Fold A into B in 3 batches & transfer to chiffon tin.
5. Bake for 45mins or until a cake tester skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.
6. Invert the tin immediately on a cooling rack then let it cool completely. Remove tin, cut & serve.
For non-Thermomix readers, you can still follow the steps & pictures to grind the sesame using your normal blender & beat ur batter in a normal mixer but u may need to allow for additional preparation time accordingly.
(Note: Do check if ur blender is able to grind dry ingredients. If it can't, you may blend it together with the sesame oil but the sesame may not be ground as finely, depending on the power of ur blender.)
Simply love the fragrant of this cake <3 Even though the texture differs slightly from normal chiffon cakes, the moistness of it more than compensates for that!