Adapted from Butter Cake recipe in 'Perfection with Thermomix in 7 Days'
The "blur sotong" me thought I still had an unopened pack of butter but when I checked the fridge, I realised I was wrong. As I was already all set to bake, I decided to still go ahead. I managed to do some Googling & DIY-ed my own self-raising flour too ~.<
125g butter, softened (leave it at room temperature for 30mins) & cut into cubes
120g organic wholemeal flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp pink salt3 kampong eggs
80g organic raw sugar25ml of fresh milk
1/4 pure vanilla extract double
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease & line a round tin with baking paper then set aside.
2. Mix flour, baking powder & salt together evenly.
3. Insert butterfly whisk followed by butter & sugar into mixing bowl. Beat for 1.5min / S3.5.
4. Mix 40s / S3.5, adding vanilla extract, and one egg at a time & fresh milk thru the hole in the mixing bowl's lid onto the rotating blades to beat the mixture into a smooth batter.
5. Add flour mixture, mix 30s / S3.5 then transfer cake mixture into prepared cake tin.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for 20mins or until a cake tester skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.
7. Allow to cool in cake tin for 10mins b4 transferring to a serving plate & cool completely. Cut & serve.
For non-Thermomix readers, you can still follow the steps & pictures to beat ur batter in a normal mixer but you may need to allow for additional preparation time accordingly.
This is my first bake using Thermomix & am loving it <3 It's so convenient with the in-built weighing scale & the batter only took less than 3mins to beat!!! Despite tweaking the original recipe, am glad it turned out successful, tasting as gd as it looks ^.^