Wednesday 17 September 2014

Baked Banana Custards

Another no-hassle yet delicious banana recipe to share (adapted from Wholesome Baby Food).

Ingredients:

2 ripe bananas
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup breastmilk (or formula)
A pinch of cinnamon (may substitute with ginger or nutmeg too)

Directions:

1. Place all the ingredients into food processor (I'm using my Avent Combined Steamer & Blender) & blend until smooth but not runny & thin (can also hand whisk if you want to do some workout..hee).

2. Pour mixture into silicon cupcake molds (mine are from Diaso) / ramekins & bake at 175°C for about 20 minutes. Check every 5 to 10 minutes as the time can vary depending on the consistency of your mixture. It's supposed to split like a custard pie does when finished but mine didn't. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into its centre.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Celine, I made my 1st batch of banana custard for BB. It is golden brown on the outside but wet on the inside. I added 90ml water +3 scoops of FM to it. Is it because I used too much banana or the FM used is not thick enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jessica!

    Sorrie for the late reply! Based on what u've described, i think the problem doesn't lie with either the banana or FM. It could be that you've put it on a higher level in your oven & it's too near to the grills on top causing the top to brown too quickly but the inside is still not fully cooked. U can try putting on a lower level next time. Best of luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. You are right I could not get a tray that fits my round oven that's y it was placed higher. Got it...I shall go buy new round trays. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. U're most welcome ;) Do let me know how it turn out, okie?

      Delete