Tuesday 9 September 2014

Nutritious Teething Biscuits for 9MO BB

Backtracking to share my favourite teething biscuits for BB when he was 9mo. This is a recipe adapted from Wholesome Baby Food, one of the most informative weaning websites which I've found myself constantly referring to during BB's food journey for the past 7 months.

Ingredients:

1 egg yolk, beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1.5 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup breast-milk
1 tbsp uncooked organic rolled oats
1 cup organic unbleached flour
1 tbsp wheatgerm (optional, soy flour or nonfat dry milk may be added for extra nutritional value too)


Directions:

1. Whisk wet ingredients together before adding in the dry ones (dough will be stiff).



2. Roll dough into a thin layer ( I rolled mine on a cookie tray for easy cleaning up afterwards) & cut into strips or use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes, like I did.


3. Bake at 175°C for 15 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. 



4. Let them cool down completely on a cooling rack then store in an airtight container. Best consumed within 2 weeks.


These teething biscuits are rather crispy so supervision when feeding is required at all times. You can tell how much my boy enjoyed gnawing on them from the collage below. To be honest, I couldn't resist snacking on them myself too ~.^

No comments:

Post a Comment