To my dismay, it didn't rise very well in my Tecno 3-Tiers Electric Steamer. The taste was however actually pretty good & I ate 2 out of the 4 cupcakes while my hubby had 1, leaving 1 for BB's breakfast tomorrow.
I refused to succumb to the failed attempt & decided to do 1 more batch using my double boiler as a steamer. I also doubled the ingredients this time round.
Ingredients (makes 6 three-quarters full cupcakes):
1 cup of organic unbleached flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
4 tbsp of fresh milk (can substitute with breastmilk or formula milk)
4 tbsp of Pureharvest organic raisins
12 pieces of cupcake liners
1. Put a pot / wok of water on the stove to boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, mix & sieve the dry ingredients except raisins into a big bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients, pour into the big bowl then mix well.
4. Add the raisins & mix into the batter.
5. Scoop 2 tbsp of batter (I'll probably increase to 3 tbsp next time round to get fuller cupcakes) into the cupcake liners (I usually use 2 pieces for each cupcake).
6. Ensure the water is boiling vigorously before putting the cupcakes onto your steamer stand. Use a kitchen towel to wrap around the lid so that water from condensation will not drop onto them. Steam for 10 minutes under high heat & do not open the lid during the steaming process. Remove when ready & serve warm.
Woohooooo \(^.^)/ They looked more fluffy this time round. My hubby tried one & commented that the texture is better. I taxed 1 mouthful from him but personally, i prefer the earlier ones. This is definitely a recipe to keep & I can't wait to try out other variations using different ingredients. A lil' surprise for my BB tomorrow & somehow I've a strong feeling he'll like it ^.~