The preparations for the next Toddler Busy Bags exchange have started since my activity, orange sensory bags, has been finalised. For the past few weeks, shopping for various orange coloured items has been underway & I've already purchased the bulk of them. Thus, the next step now is to get the rice & pastas dyed.
Mummies who've done this before shared that it's so much fun. After getting my hands dirty, or should i say stained in this case, I totally agree with them..lolz! After trying out 3 seperate batches, I finally achieved a satisfactory bright orange rice using the following ratio:
Vinegar : Colour gel : Rice
= 1 tbsp : 12 drops : 2 cups
1. Pour the vinegar & colour gel into a big ziplock bag (I'm using Ikea's 4.5L one), fasten & then mix well.
2. Add in the rice, fasten again & mix till the rice grains are evenly dyed.
3. Pour onto a tray to dry thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
With the air-conditioner switched on, it seemed to dry pretty fast. However to play safe, I'm leaving them overnight to dry thoroughly. With 2 packs of 5kg rice, I believe I'll be spending many more nights repeating the above steps..hee ;)
To thank Grub n' Grow's supporters, I'm going to give away 2 of this busy bag.
Directions to win:
1. Like "Grub n' Grow" Facebook Page.
2. Tag at least 3 friends to this Facebook Post whom you know will be delighted to receive one of them too.
3. Share this post publicly on your timeline.
4. Closing date is 31st December 2015, 2359hrs.
5. The winners will be randomly drawn by my boy, and his decision is final..hee ;)
Kindly note that this giveaway is limited to Singapore entries only. May the odds be ever in your favor ^.~